Whether you are a pro in the kitchen or prefer to support your local restaurants and order take-out, we have collected some of our favourite quick and easy recipes from a few of our staff members to share and inspire you.
So tie on your apron and channel your inner Gordon Ramsey as we serve up some of our favourite quick and easy dishes!
RECIPE # 1
Jerk Chicken Wings
The weather may be a little cool for shorts, and wiggling our toes in the sand might only be happening in our dreams but that doesn’t mean you can’t bring the island flavour to you. So turn on some Bob Marley and whip up a batch of my favourite Jerk Chicken wings.
Garlic 4-6 cloves of garlic diced (I love garlic so I tend to be heavy handed)
Grace Jerk Seasoning ( Available in Mild or Hot)
Grace Jerk Marinade
Split Chicken Wings Skin On/Bone In
Drizzle olive oil over wings and toss so they are all coated evenly.
Add Salt, Pepper and Garlic to wings and mix.
Add 2 tbsp of your choice of either Hot or Mild Jerk Seasoning. Mix so that all the wings are evening coated. Adjust amount based on how many wings you have.
Pour a liberal amount of Jerk Marinade and mix so wings are evenly coated.
Let wings marinate for 1-2 hrs in the fridge (I have cooked them right away if pressed for time).
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Bake for 20-30 min. until cooked through and they appear golden.
RECIPE # 2
Cranberry Pecan Baked Brie
Just because you can’t throw a dinner party doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy dinner party hors d'oeuvres! So pour yourself a glass of your favourite wine and enjoy this Cranberry Pecan Baked Brie.
1 (8-ounce) wheel brie cheese, rind trimmed
2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
FOR THE MAPLE HONEY DRIZZLE
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch of nutmeg
Zest of 1 orange
1/2 cup pecan halves, chopped
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place brie on a rimmed baking sheet or a 5-inch cast iron skillet; sprinkle with brown sugar. Place into oven and bake until softened, about 12-15 minutes; let cool 5 minutes.
3. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine brown sugar, honey, maple syrup, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg and orange zest. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until foamy, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in pecans and cranberries.
4. Serve brie warm topped with pecan mixture; serve with crackers or baguette.
RECIPE # 3
Honey Glazed Walnut ,Beet & Goat Cheese Salad
It’s said that you don’t win friends with salad but I beg to differ with this quick and tasty beet and goat cheese salad. This is a tasty alternative to your regular romaine lettuce and cucumber salad. The sweet honey roasted walnuts add a nice crunch and contrast beautifully with goat cheese.
Spring Mix or Arugula
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Lightly coat walnuts with honey and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
3. Cover baking sheet with parchment paper and spread a single layer of walnuts.
4. Bake for 10-20 minutes until toasted. You can store the rest in a jar to use as salad toppings later…or a snack.
5. Fill bowl with spring mix and top with sliced pickled beets, crumbled goat cheese, and honey roasted walnuts and drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette.
From our kitchens to yours we hope you enjoy!